Nine properties cover a total of 1091 km² and 106 historic gold mines and prospects within the highly mineralized but relatively under explored New England Orogenic Terrane and prolifically mineralized Lachlan Orogenic Belt.
Mineralizaton is mostly of an orogenic type associated with large scale structures making for large attractive targets and lesser intrusion related types. Potential for listwanite hosted gold mineralization of the Bralorne and Motherlode type along the Peel-Manning suture zone.
• Four properties cover a total of 289 km² and 31 historic gold-silver mines and prospects within the prolifically mineralized but relatively under explored
New England Orogenic Terrane.
• All properties remain largely under explored since their discovery in the early 1900’s. Little to no historic drilling and almost no exploration
• Several styles of mineralization present including intrusion related vein stock work targets and low sulphidation epithermal types.
422 km2 across the Peel-Manning Fault System
The Peel Manning Fault System
The Peel-Manning Fault system is a crustal scale structure that is strongly gold mineralized along its 350 km strike length. The system hosts ocean floor mafic and ulltramafic rocks present as listwanite (quartz-carbonate) altered serpentinites. Trilby, Lorne and Goldbelt are three high value targets on the Peel-Manning Fault system.
Analogous Geological Settings and Deposits
Listwanite associated gold deposits are highly attractive exploration targets. Multi-million ounce deposits such as the Californian Motherlode deposit, Bralorne (British Columbia) and numerous large high grade gold systems throughout the shield area of Saudi Arabia are hosted in listwanites.
Newmont have recently staked a 1200 km2 land package covering 125 km strike length of a parallel structure, 30 km to the east of the Peel Manning Fault Zone. Newmont has recognized that these regional structures are fundamental to mineral deposit formation and thus highly prospective. Newmont staked areas under shallow surface cover, lacking historic production on and anomalism due to other licenses already being taken.
Peel Manning Property Highlights
- District scale land position totaling 422 km2 , including 48 historic gold mines and prospects with average historical production grade of up to 83 g/t Au.
- Over 30 km of untested strike of highly prospective gold endowed Peel-Manning structure, encompassing two significant undrilled gold trends measuring over 7 km strike length.
- Marquis of Lorne historic mine, which includes a non compliant historic reserve of 50 koz Au (MinView NSW government database, Metallic and Industrial Deposits, Report Number: 151620).